This guide will tell you how to integrate any bootable Linux CD (that is based on SYSlinux or ISOlinux) into Ultimate Boot CD.
Please consult the Ultimate Boot CD homepage for details how to customize the Ultimate Boot CD.
NEW I've recently found a way of doing things without a bootable floppy image. You might want to try method 2.
Method 1: using a bootable floppy image
First you'll need to make a bootable floppy-image from the CD, if the CD doesn't have one already on it.
Some CDs have one (for Knoppix, use: boot.images/floppy_1.44.00). You might have to look for files with size 1474560 or 2949120 bytes.
If your CD doesn't have one already, you should build one. Follow my guide:
Building a bootable-floppy for/from a bootable CD
Now that you have the image, proceed as following:
- copy your-newly-made-bootable-floppy-image file as /images/yourname.img in your UBCD root
- edit the /boot/cdshell.ini to add a reference to your newly-added floppy-disk image using "diskemu"
- copy everything from your CD in your UBCD root
(In most cases, like Knoppix, you usually need to copy only one BIG file that's on the CD.)
Just make sure the file(s) will resemble the path on your original cd that you want to integrate.
- you're done, go make the UBCD image and burn it.
if ($lastKey == key[k]); then diskemu /images/yourname.img
If you need more information, please refer to the CDShell documentation.
- The file and directory names are CASE SENSITIVE ! Pay attention to this if you work under Windows, who doesn't care about case.
- UBCD root refers to where you unpacked the original UBCD disk (example: c:\ubcd or /tmp/ubcd).
- If you find this guide ambiguous or wrong feel free to email me.
- copy everything (as it is) from the CD you want to integrate into the root of UBCD
- edit the /boot/cdshell.ini to add a reference to your new CD like this:
if ($lastKey == key[k]); then bcdw /isolinux/isolinux.bin
- make the UBCD image and burn it
- Only works for ISOLinux based CDs (look for isolinux directory)
- You can add _only one_ such CD, because the isolinux directory on more CDs will conflict eachother